Dr Richard RogersSurgeon
Dr Richard Rogers Hair Transplant doctor – performing high quality, patient centred, hair transplant surgery since 1996.
Originally a GP with a special interest in Dermatology, he accidentally came across a hair transplantation advert for a national hair transplant clinic.
Initially, he only intended doing it for 6 months whilst studying his MRCP, but he found his forte and it’s now nearly 21 years since then and Dr Rogers has seen many changes in the science of hair loss, as well as hair transplant techniques.
Naturally artistic, he specialises in “natural” hairlines – those that appear to have the randomness, irregularity and angulation of real hair, rather than the “Action Man” look.
He is well known to have the experience and skill to improve previous hair transplants, whether punch graft repair or strip hair transplant scar repair. Not many surgeons have this skill nowadays, as many young doctors choose only to learn the less demanding skill of FUE and never learn how to perform the best strip (FUT) hair transplants.
Dr Rogers was one of the first, new generation of doctors to learn strip micrograft hair transplant surgery. This had replaced the more primitive technique of punch grafting only a few years previously. Since then, Dr Rogers’ career has mirrored the ever improving standards of modern hair transplantation, including leading the way in many areas and contributing worldwide to the state of the art knowledge.
Dr Rogers was the first to introduce FUE (follicular unit extraction) into the UK in 2003, as well as the trichophytic closure.
He is also available as a hair transplant medico legal expert witness with training in clinical report writing from Bond Solon and consequently has been in much demand whenever an experienced, neutral hair transplant expert is required by solicitors to give an opinion on their cases.
- The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery ISHRS
- Fellow of The Trichological Society, Founding member TTS
- Vice President of the British Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons 2009
TV, radio and print media interviews
- Channel 4 “Bald”
- Notts TV
- Radio 2 – Chris Evans, Hair transplant expert 2010
- Simon Mayo, Hair expert 2011
- Radio 5Live, Worcester BBC radio
- Daily Mail
- The Telegraph
- The Sunday Times
- The Mirror
- History and state of the art hair transplantation, guest speaker SK:N 2016 conference
- The Slanticle – International Hair Forum Journal 2010
- Asymmetric Hair Loss – International Hair Forum Journal 2003
- Asymmetric Hair Loss – European Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons, Zurich 2003
- Guest speaker TTS AGM – 2009, 2011
- Trainer for hair restoration – UK and International, both doctors and hair transplant technicians
- Dr Kevin Macdonald
- Dr A Kemp – Aesthetic medicine
- Mr S Liggins – Prof Maxillo facial surgery
- Dr D Dhunna – Aesthetic medicine
- Dr J Goldstone – Aesthetic medicine
- Mr D Rejali – ENT surgeon
- Dr Anne Kremer ENT surgeon
- Dr Sotiris Fujiotsola – cosmetic surgeon
- Dr A Korien, Egypt
- Dr Akshay Batra, Mumbai, India
Over the years, Dr Rogers has been in demand by many clinics, such as Vinci Hair, Transform, FUE Clinics, Hair Transplant Surgeries and Dr Batra clinics, but has always preferred to be independent and performs hair transplants